Tenured academic staff, Critical Heritage Studies
Tenured academic staff, Critical Heritage Studies - 2019ZAPFOWEX069
The Faculty of Design Sciences is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy: tenured academic staff in the area of Critical Heritage Studies.
- Your teaching assignment comprises 24 ECTS per year and will be assigned according to your expertise, with subjects in which methodological and theoretical reflections on heritage studies & sustainability in a broad sense are central, both at Bachelor and Master level (e.g. courses within the domains of strategic heritage management (e.g. heritage semiotics, valuation, critical heritage studies, monitoring and decision systems in heritage) museum and depot management, and possibly art and cultural history).
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of sustainable heritage care and/or critical heritage theory.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will supervise master and doctoral students.
- You will actively expand your relevant stakeholder network in the regional, national, European and international heritage sector.
- You will actively participate in internal policymaking.
- You will offer scientific services: among others you provide advice within and outside the University of Antwerp and act as an expert/reviewer for domestic and foreign institutions.
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in a discipline related to heritage studies.
- You have several years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent.
- You have expertise in the heritage sector, preferably with regard to methodological and theoretical research on heritage. Your expertise is complementary to the expertise within the research group Heritage & Sustainability.
- You can demonstrate experience in developing and executing research projects in the relevant field and in obtaining the necessary funds to finance it.
- You perform high-quality scientific research in the broader heritage field and your scientific curriculum is internationally oriented.
- You are well acquainted with the heritage sector at Flemish, national and international level and you already poses a relevant stakeholder network.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- As a course unit coordinator, you are able to demonstrate that you master the language of instruction at the CEFR level C1 before the beginning of the module(s). As a course unit coordinator, you also master the language of administration, Dutch, or you are willing to gradually learn the language up to the CEFR level B2. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members by offering them an integration programme and provides adequate language tracks for course unit coordinators within the framework of the Flemish statutory language regulations.
- either a full-time position as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a full-time position as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be October 1st 2019;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13; and for senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date April 21st 2019.
Your application should be supplemented with a cover letter, a research plan and an educational vision.
A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Carolina van der Star +31 62 4270206.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.