Gallery photographer and registrar
Galerie Greta Meert established itself over the past 35 years as one of Beglium’s leading contemporary art galleries. In recent years, founding director Greta Meert started to run the gallery collaboratively with her son Frédéric Mariën. Located in the center of Brussels, the gallery occupies a five-story Art Nouveau building renovated by Belgian architects Hilde Daem and Paul Robbrecht. Since 2012 three floors of the building are dedicated to exhibitions, making it possible to maintain an expanded exhibition schedule.
Galerie Greta Meert, Brussels
Type: part-time (22h / w)
Galerie Greta Meert is hiring an in-house photographer with graphic design, communication and art-handling skills. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Photoshop and InDesign, with an eye for detail and knowledge in contemporary art. Key responsibilities include: documentation of artworks, file management, overseeing the gallery’s social media presence (Instagram), assisting in drafting newsletters, updating the gallery’s website and other platforms such as Artsy, Ocula and online viewing rooms.
Starting date would be September 2023.
- Artwork documentation. Photography, photo editing and retouching.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy.
- Update the gallery’s website.
- Perform general maintenance tasks around the gallery, including answering the phone and greeting visitors.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the gallery’s filemaker database and inventory.
- Assist in drafting newsletters.
- Assist with the installation and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, CaptureOne, …
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills (ability to work autonomously and in a team)
- Experience with art handling (paintings, sculptures, photography, …)
- Good level of English (speaking and writing) and knowledge of French and/or Dutch
- Proactive and able to multitask.
- A great eye for design and attention to details
- Experience with photography, web design, and previous work experience with a gallery or museum is a plus
This is a part-time position (22 hours per week) with workdays on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and CV for consideration. Please send a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com